Saturday, November 12, 2016
LEGO Technic BMW R1200GS Adventure is the perfect New Year's gift for bikers, 2017 BMW R1200GS also unveiled at EICMA
LEGO Technic have created a detailed model of the BMW R1200GS Adventure, which they have jointly developed with BMW Motorrad. The bike, consisting of no less than 603 parts, will be available (at toy shops?) from 1st January 2017 and features bits like moving handlebars, an adjustable windshield, Telelever front wheel suspension, shaft drive and, of course, a the famous BMW 'Boxer' engine. The micro-mini GS even gets wheels and tyres that resemble the real thing details LEGO claim that the model is not only realistic, but also fun and challenging to build.
"The proportions of the R1200GS Adventure have been recreated outstandingly well in the LEGO Technic model. We are excited to see how LEGO Design has reproduced so many visual and technical details of the R1200GS Adventure. The close and creative cooperation between the two design teams was particularly impressive – it went beyond a conventional licensing agreement," says Alexander Buckan, Head of BMW Motorrad Vehicle Design. The LEGO GS is 18cm high, 33cm long and 10cm wide, and comes with an interactive LEGO app that features 3D assembly instructions.
In the meanwhile, for those who might want to actually go riding on a new GS, BMW have also unveiled the real thing, the 2017 R1200GS that's now fully customisable with new 'Rallye' or 'Exclusive' style packages offered from the factory. The GS' Boxer engine is now Euro 4-compliant and produces 125bhp and 125Nm of torque, while the bike runs smoother than ever before thanks to the addition of a judder damper on the transmission output shaft and revised selector drum actuator and transmission shafts. There's electronics aplenty, including ABS, traction control, stability control, hill start control, self-levelling electronically adjustable suspension, and two riding modes (rain and road) that optimise power delivery according to riding conditions.
The new R1200GS Rallye is configured for those who want to put their BMW to more extreme off-road use, with the bike getting significantly firmer suspension, longer spring struts, extended spring travel, revised ergonomics (better suited to off-road use) and an all-new metallic 'Lupine Blue' paintjob. New optional accessories, including cylinder protection bracket, topcase for two helmets, off-road protection parts as well as radiator guard and frame guard are also available for the new GS, which weighs 244 kilos, has a 20-litre fuel tank, can accelerate from zero to 100kph in 3.6 seconds and has a top speed of 200kph. Deeply impressive, yes. We'd buy one if we had the money...
- 2017 Honda Rebel 500 unveiled at the IMS in Califo...
- Kawasaki ups the ante in the supernaked segment wi...
- 2017 Yamaha XSR900 Abarth café-racer brings the be...
- 2017 Suzuki GSX250R unveiled, looks a bit dated, o...
- Yamaha T7 concept provides a preview of Yamaha's a...
- 2017 Suzuki V-Strom 250 shows that small can indee...
- 2017 Norton V4 RR unveiled, is the answer to rich ...
- 2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 unveiled at EICMA
- 2017 Honda X-ADV busts out at EICMA
- 2017 Kawasaki Z650 unveiled at EICMA
- 2017 Moto Guzzi V7 III line-up shown at EICMA
- 2017 BMW K1600GTL unveiled at EICMA
- 2017 Ducati Monster 797 unveiled at EICMA
- Honda CB1100TR, Africa Twin Enduro Sports concepts...
- LEGO Technic BMW R1200GS Adventure is the perfect ...
- 2017 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900 unveiled at EICMA
- Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 Aero, Vitpilen 701 concepts...
- 2017 BMW G310GS unveiled at EICMA
- Husqvarna Vitpilen 401, Svartpilen 401 shown at EI...
- KTM unveils 790 Duke prototype, updated 1290 Super...
- 2017 MV Agusta Brutale 800 RR unveiled at the EICM...
- 2017 Kawasaki Z900 unveiled at the EICMA
- 2017 Ducati 1299 Superleggera unveiled at the EICM...
- Motochimp defines electric bike coolness
- 2017 BMW HP4 Race is a carbonfibre dream
- 2017 Aprilia Shiver 900 unveiled at the EICMA
- 2017 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce RC unveiled
- Suzuki GB to celebrate 40th anniversary of Barry S...
- ▼ November (28)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato