Saturday, November 05, 2016
2017 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce RC unveiled
After the RC-ised F3, F4 and Dragster, MV Agusta have now unveiled the latest addition to their RC line-up; the Turismo Veloce RC sports-tourer. The bike is powered by MV's 798cc inline-three (now Euro 4 compliant) that produces 110 horsepower and 80Nm of torque. The bike weighs 192 kilos and top speed is a claimed 230kph. And since this is an RC, there's a racing-inspired red, green and white paintjob, which we admit looks rather cool. Production is limited to 250 units, which means MV will charge a (hefty?) premium for this bike compared to the regular Turismo Veloce.
New bits on the TV RC include a carbonfibre deflector on the front mudguard, 17-inch forged alloy wheels, new 6-speed gearbox with revised gearing, redesigned, more ergonomic seat and revised engine mounts for increased chassis stiffness. The engine has also been modified extensively for improved performance and reliability, while a counter-rotating crank has been added for reduced vibration and noise. MV have also updated their MVICS 2.0 (Motor & Vehicle Integrated Control System) electronics package on the Turismo Veloce RC, and ABS and traction control functions have been further improved and optimised for extreme performance. Touring, Sport and Rain modes are available, which, along with ride-by-wire throttle management, optimise power delivery for intended usage.
Braking duties are handled by twin 320mm brake discs at front (Brembo, of course) with radial-mount calipers. Bosch 9 Plus ABS, with RLM, provides the essential safety net. The TV RC's MVICS electronics also control the bike's semi-active suspension, which operates via MV's 'Skyhook' algorithm and which self adapts to changing terrain by altering damping characteristics. This, along with the bike's Garmin navigation system, twin 30-litre side panniers, centre stand, adjustable windshield, heated grips and cruise control make it the perfect sports-tourer.
- 2017 Honda Rebel 500 unveiled at the IMS in Califo...
- Kawasaki ups the ante in the supernaked segment wi...
- 2017 Yamaha XSR900 Abarth café-racer brings the be...
- 2017 Suzuki GSX250R unveiled, looks a bit dated, o...
- Yamaha T7 concept provides a preview of Yamaha's a...
- 2017 Suzuki V-Strom 250 shows that small can indee...
- 2017 Norton V4 RR unveiled, is the answer to rich ...
- 2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 unveiled at EICMA
- 2017 Honda X-ADV busts out at EICMA
- 2017 Kawasaki Z650 unveiled at EICMA
- 2017 Moto Guzzi V7 III line-up shown at EICMA
- 2017 BMW K1600GTL unveiled at EICMA
- 2017 Ducati Monster 797 unveiled at EICMA
- Honda CB1100TR, Africa Twin Enduro Sports concepts...
- LEGO Technic BMW R1200GS Adventure is the perfect ...
- 2017 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900 unveiled at EICMA
- Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 Aero, Vitpilen 701 concepts...
- 2017 BMW G310GS unveiled at EICMA
- Husqvarna Vitpilen 401, Svartpilen 401 shown at EI...
- KTM unveils 790 Duke prototype, updated 1290 Super...
- 2017 MV Agusta Brutale 800 RR unveiled at the EICM...
- 2017 Kawasaki Z900 unveiled at the EICMA
- 2017 Ducati 1299 Superleggera unveiled at the EICM...
- Motochimp defines electric bike coolness
- 2017 BMW HP4 Race is a carbonfibre dream
- 2017 Aprilia Shiver 900 unveiled at the EICMA
- 2017 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce RC unveiled
- Suzuki GB to celebrate 40th anniversary of Barry S...
- ▼ November (28)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato